I was going to write something about what I have been doing on my year off other than look for jobs, but this was on my mind.
A good chunk of my boyfriend’s and my evenings is spent on our couch. He usually plays video games and I am on my laptop reading blogs or applying to jobs. Here are some of the things I have noticed:*
- In Assassin’s Creed, Altaïr is way hotter than Ezio. Ezio has a really annoying accent and has a scar on his face.
- Why can Ezio and Altaïr climb every SINGLE building, but not a tree?
- The girl from Portal 2 looks like Michael Jackson. Portal 2 also has a great script.
- Most Playstation 3 games seemed to be rated for teens or mature (mostly mature). Must games now be bloody or violent to be entertaining? What do parents do if their kid wants to play video games?
- The men in most games seem to be hypermasculine and and the women ultra-feminine. Also, the women are usually barely dressed. I find this offensive.
- This seems like an expensive hobby. My boyfriend has probably spent over $400 on his PS3 since Thanksgiving. There are a ton of accessories that you can buy and it seems like he’s always looking for games. I also know other people where playing video games are their hobby and they spent a lot too.
- The amount of detail in some of these games is amazing. The graphics look amazing and you can do so many things with the characters. A TON of time and people power must be spent to create these games.
*I don’t play video games, unless you count Mario Kart